WATERLOO REGIONAL LABOUR COUNCIL
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP: The scholarship is valued at $500.00.
NUMBER: One awarded to a student attending a college.
One awarded to a student attending a university.
DEADLINE: Completed applications and all supporting documents must be received by the WRLC no later than June 20, 2014.
The winners will be introduced and presented with a cheque September 9, 2014.
The applicant must:
1. be a member or the child or grandchild of a member of a local union affiliated to the Waterloo Regional Labour Council.
2. have applied to enter a program or must be returning to a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis in September, 2014.
3. not be a past recipient of the WRLC Scholarship.
The applicant must submit the complete application form along with:
1. a brief resume outlining non-academic interests and activities, such as community or political involvement.
2. provide evidence of understanding of the role and significance of the labour movement by completing essay on provided topic of not more than 500 words.
3. a complete secondary school transcript or transcript of post-secondary study.